Fern Creek Update – 8.18
Here is the link again to purchase tickets tonight for the game. You must have an orange sheet completed to enter the stadium.
As we have all fought hard to be able to have a season, I am asking that you all come prepared so that the line can move quickly.
Per Fern Creeks AD:
Team Arrival and Drop off:
Fern Creek Park Entrance …. It is the entrance past the FC Elementary
They can be dropped off at the back gate, then they can use the practice area to change.
Pick up will be in the same spot. So that we never cross each other.
Gate for Parents:
We will have 2 gates in the front of the stadium set up, Check point one will be Temp check, check point two will vouchers and then finally ticket validation.
If you are not able to make the game, it will be live streamed on Fern Creek’s youtube channel.
Fern Creek Football YouTube Channel Link:
Lastly, JV will have practice tomorrow from 9:30-11 @ Ballard.
Thank you for all that you do, GO BRUINS!
Update – 8.30.20
1. Team Fees of $150 are due for all players by Sept. 10. Players can continue to use popcorn sales in order to offset their balance(Info located on parent mtg file below). For any player who has participated in the Fancloth or popcorn sales, please email Mrs. Jones [email protected]gmail.com or Ms. May [email protected] and they will be able to tell you the remaining balance. Players can begin turning in team fees tomorrow. Please make any checks out to Ballard Football.
2. All players must purchase their own girdle and mouthpiece. Mouthpieces must be connected to their helmet and cannot be cut off.
3. I have no clue how tickets will be distributed but priority will go to senior parents and so forth. Parents are encouraged to assist with filming games or chain crew.
4. Team picture day will be Monday September 14th. (I will send more information out about this next week)
Practice and Game Schedule
– It was confirmed yesterday that we will be allowed to scrimmage Male but it will be at Male on Saturday, September 12th beginning @ Noon. This will change the planned practice schedule for our JV players. I don’t know how many plays they will have in the scrimmage but I would like for them to get some reps. With that being said we won’t begin the modified JV practice schedule until the week of September 14th. Players must have so many acclimation days in equipment before they can play and the modified schedule wouldn’t allow them to participate in time. I want to provide a quality experience to everyone involved in our program. I have notified the players in Hudl that this week and next, everyone will go Monday-Thursday. Varsity from 4-6 and JV 5:30-6:45. Again, I apologize if there’s any confusion or conflict in the schedule but I had to fight hard for us to have this opportunity.
– Thank you to those of you who donated hand sanitizer and checks for us to purchase some footballs. It takes a village and we are very grateful. We could still use more hand sanitizer and clorox wipes if anyone is willing to donate .I am also in need of a handyman who could help fix a washing machine located in the football locker room. We want to be able to clean players’ clothes as much as possible.
Please email directly if you have any questions and thank you again for all that you do! 3 weeks until game one, Go Bruins!
Week 6 Focus – 8.8.20
Reminder that we will switch to PM practices this week. Players are asked to arrive 10 minutes before start time to follow Covid screening procedures.
Group A: 3-4:30pm
Group B: 5-6:30pm
We will continue our workouts outside but will move to more position specific training as best we can. We are 32 days away from our first game!
Mrs. May has sent information about our two ongoing fundraisers. Reminder that team fees for each individual player is $150 and the fundraisers are there to help offset the cost. Please let me or Mrs May know if you have any questions.